Thursday, April 4, 2019

Getting to know each other

Claudio Telha M. is the only son of my parents. Unfortunately, my father passed away some years ago after a sudden disease, but my mother is alive and kicking, healthy and smiling. My father came from Europe after World War II and my mother travelled from Chiloé to Santiago where they met and  got married. This information may be irrelevant to you, but to me it meant to grow up without uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, granparents and so on....

When I was a teenager, I enjoyed going to the cinema, hanging out with my few, but good friends, collecting stamps, reading books and magazines....

I studied in Liceo Valentín Letelier and then I went to the university (Universidad de Chile)  where I enjoyed wonderful moments. I became a teacher of English--both social and scientific English. There I met the girl of my life, we got married and after a couple of years we became parents of a son and a daughter. My son is an engineer, lived in Brussels, Belgium for some years, he is engaged with a Romanian girl he met in Brussels and now he is back in Chile;  my daughter is also an engineer now happily married; my son-in-law is an engineer as well; they live in Santiago.

I started giving classes of English in the Fac. of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences quite a long time ago. For about forty years I have been giving classes of Scientific English and from time to time Social English as well.

As I said above, as a single son, I have no brothers nor sisters, but now  I have my wife's relatives,  my son-in-law's relatives, Faculty friends and a large number of students who have been under my care along all these years, who have become, in a way, part of my family as well.

Now it's your turn:


Tell me about you; include information such as birthplace, studies, family, hobbies, ...
Include image(s) or photograph(s)

Number of words: 120 (minimun)
Make comments on 3 of your classmates' posts and a comment on the teacher's post.

29 comments:

  1. It´s been a long time giving class in the Fac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Antonia,
      In just a few years, you'll become a professional and will look back and think "time flies"...
      See you,

      Delete
  2. Your son and daughter are so smart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felipe,
      As you and everyone else...if you work hard, you usually get what you want.
      See you,

      Delete
  3. It's great that you think so, i also hope living wonderful moments in the university.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarteth,
      You'll surely enjoy your university life...
      See you,

      Delete
  4. i imagine that is soo cool to have an intercultural family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Francisca,
      It's interesting, fun and enriching.
      See you,

      Delete
  5. Forty years! is a long time!. But, you met a lof of people and lived very interesting stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicolás,
      I've had the fortune of living in times of fast changes in technology and in the way of living and how people have faced these changes...
      See you,

      Delete
  6. I think that your family is so cool! You have an intercultural family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      In this globalized world, interculturality means progress from most viewpoints and that's cool.
      See you,

      Delete
  7. YOU ARE A SINGLE SON!!! THAT´S SO GOOD BECAUSE YOU NEVER FIGHT WITH BROTHERS OR SISTERS AND YOUR PARENTS GIVE YOU ALL THEIR LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniela,
      I cannot miss what I've never had. But at times I wonder how life would have been like with siblings... I'll never know... but I think you are lucky because you receive the love and care of your parents AND your siblings...
      See you,

      Delete
  8. I like your life's story. Forty years teaching is a long time. Keep in that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gustavo,
      And teaching with different techniques, methodologies and technological approaches, ... like blogs and websites.
      See you,

      Delete
  9. it's a shame that you are the only son of your parents, you dont have the opportunity to experience the good and bad things of havinf brothers. You learn a lot of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia,
      I think that siblings enrich your life...so lucky you...!!
      See you,

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Camila,
      Thank you. Our family is probably one of the best gift we have in life.
      See you,

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Hi Lukas,
      The magic of films is wonderful...In about a couple of hours, you can go back and forth in time and live various incredible experiences, be moved, get entertained...
      See you,

      Delete
  12. wow,you have been a excellent father and husband for your family, congratulation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcelo,
      I hope my family thinks the same.
      See you,

      Delete
  13. it's fantastic that your son had lived in other country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felipe,
      It's an enriching experience to anyone... Lucky him!
      See you,

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very interesting story of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to know that you studied at the Liceo Valentín Letelier

    ReplyDelete